Conferences, Groups, Classes, Tools and Seminars
A great marriage takes a lot of effort, it just doesn’t magically happen. One of the best ways that you can invest into your marriage is to attend a conference or seminar. At these events, you can get away to learn more about building the oneness that God desires for you both—and they are fun too! Here are a few that coming to our area:
- Financial Peace University—Financial problems are a leading cause of marital stress. Learn ways to manage your finances, payoff debt and to be generous with the many blessings God has given you. The small groups consist of video teaching by Dave Ramsey and interaction. Check out the kiosks located in the lobby for group locations.
- Pre-Marriage Class—Couples who participate in some type of premarital preparation are 30 percent less likely to divorce! This fun class will cover communication, conflict, finances, love languages and more. It’s a great way to invest into your marriage plus it’s required if you’re married at EBC or by an EBC pastor. You’ll receive a certificate upon completion of the class that will entitle you to a huge discount on your marriage license! The next classes scheduled are May 17 & 18 and September 27 & 28 at the Lino Lakes Campus .
- Couple Check-up Online Tool - Whether you’re married, engaged, or dating – this online inventory covers 20 relationship areas, and delivers a report and discussion guide to help you strengthen your relationship.
- Family Life Conference ”Weekend to Remember” - You will receive marriage-changing principles that you can take home and apply to your daily lives that will strengthen your marriage. This conference comes to the Twin Cities and Rochester every March.
- Retrouvaille – The word Retrouvaille™ (pronounced re-tro-vi with a long i.) is a French word meaning rediscovery. The program offers tools needed to rediscover a loving marriage relationship. Thousands of couples headed for cold, unloving relationships or divorce have successfully overcome their marriage problems by attending the program. The Retrouvaille Program consists of a weekend experience combined with a series of 6-12 post-weekend sessions over 3 months. It provides the tools to help put your marriage in order again. The main emphasis of the program is on communication in marriage between husband and wife. It will give you the opportunity to rediscover each other and examine your lives together in a new and positive way.
God has wired us for relationships and probably one of the healthiest things you can do as a couple is to join a small group. A small group is designed to help you connect with God and others. You’ll see that you’re not alone and you’ll experience the joy of doing life in community with others. To learn more about small groups, visit eaglebrookchurch.com and click on groups or look for the Group Finder Kiosk at your campus on the weekend.